Thursday, January 22, 2009

Family Reunions

It is sad that for a "family reunion" to take place in my family there has to be a death in the family. When we had my Pappaw's Memorial there were a lot of people I hadn't seen in many many years, and then yesterday at my Grandpa's Memorial I saw again more family that I hadn't seen in years.

I tell you what, I hate divorce and what it does to families. I envy the families that still have at least half of their family members still married. In my family there is...Well it was my Grandpa and Grandma of 60 years, but now Grandma is a widow,my husbands parents of 30 something years, and then there is Erick and I 3 years...the rest have been divorced at least once.

It makes things so awkward, and there will always be drama... I vowed never to get divorced...I am going to try to beat Grandma and Grandpa of 60 years

2 comments:

Teri said...

I totally agree about the divorce thing. Wait till you have kids. Then it really gets fun toting them off to 4 sets of grandparents. And birthday parties give way to being uncomfortable as well. Yuck.
Josh and I have both agreed that if things ever got THAT bad between us, divorce would so NOT be worth it.

Erin said...

Yuck for all the divorce. That seems like it would make things awkward. The only divorce we've ever had in my family is my dad's parents and that was when he was in HS - so it's all very cordial.