Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weekly food: Spiced banana oat muffins - My revamped recipe

Okay I am under going a revamp, in my house, my mind, my blog, and my kitchen. I need to add some excitement into my life and when I am in the midst of projects or cooking I feel. . . EXCITED! First of all because I am creating something for my family, but also because I am using talents that Yahwah has given me! We can give Him glory by just doing what we are made to do! Being the best Wife, mom, and woman is what I plan on doing.

So for my first new and improved blog, I will teach you how to make some scrumptious and healthy muffins.



Spiced banana oat muffins
 Makes 12 muffins:


4 really ripe bananas ( I used frozen bananas)
1/2 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon

( to make healthier add 1 cup shredded very finely carrots, just make sure you squeeze extra liquid out of them.)

 
Mash the bananas and mix with sugar and butter. Add the egg. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Slowly add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and combine. Pour into a muffin tin, only 2/3rds and sprinkle with some dark brown sugar and oats.

Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes. (Depending on your oven you may need to cook a little longer, just make sure your toothpick comes out dry!)


Then enjoy as your house will smell amazing!
















But are they good?? Lets just ask a highly certified food critic!


Harrison my super picky food critic


Here goes nothing!


This isn't looking good for the baker . . . me


Taking a second bite


Testing it out on his taste buds


Thinking of how to break it to me

 


Have fun creating!

Jen



No comments: