Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My famous Spinach Lasagna!!


This recipe is for Teri and Cathee...just a yummy dish I wanted to share
(Teri you will need to substitute many of the ingredients, but it can be done, I put what I think you can sub in parentheses)

Spinach Lasagna

Ingredients

frozen spinach (thawed)
2 cups ricotta (low fat)(Try vegan ricotta)
noodles (Quinoa)
1 egg (not crucial)
(mushroom) spaghetti sauce or you could saute some squash and zucchini, or portabellas to make it chunky (Teri I am not sure if you can have tomotoes so just saute the veggies)
1 tbl Nutmeg (shh don't let this one get out!Secret ingredient)
2 bags mozzarella shredded cheese (try goat cheese)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350

Cook noodles like normal

Mix together ricotta, egg, spinach, nutmeg, 1 bag mozzarella in a bowl

Layer accordingly sauce, noodle, spinach mixture, cheese, sauce, noodles....

cover with tin foil

Cook for about 30-35 minutes, take off foil, cook for another 5 minutes or until bubbling

Let cool for about 15 minutes...unless you like it to be runny!

Enjoy

3 comments:

bcl said...

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try this sometime. Thanks!

Cat Von C said...

Sounds great...I have to look for some Quinoa noodles.

Teri said...

Did you make this with the substitutes? Thanks for coming over today and hanging out! I'd take you over Sarah Snow any day of the week. So would Hunter.