Monday, June 1, 2009

BIG DECISONS

So I am asking you all to pray for Erick and I. We are about to take a big step in our marriage together, by becoming Foster parents. There is a lot that we need to do before we can do this...like get our own place. I really feel that God is telling us that this is the way that our "family" will grow. You see Erick and I just want a child to love and cuddle and pour our lives into. For a long time I was selfish and was thinking I only wanted this to be a biological child, but wow there are so many children that need a mom and a dad to love them. You know maybe God has it so that Erick and I will never get pregnant, but will be able to adopt a child that we foster.

So if you would pray that Erick and I will follow God's leading and that we would do what we need to, to be Foster parents.
I will keep you all updated with any changes.

“Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us.” James 1:27

1 comment:

Kara said...

I just found your blog...and I'll certainly be praying for you! :) Foster parenting is not for the faint of heart...but it's one of the most rewarding things you'll ever do! :) Feel free to talk with me about it anytime! :)