Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Closed doors or Open doors? Sad Job or happy Job?


There comes a time when we pray and we ask the Lord to show us His path by opening and closing doors. But sometimes it seems that all of the doors are open and we don't know which way to go, or it seems all the doors are closed and we are stuck in a hallway. I feel that way right now. It seems there are a ton of possibilities and then SLAM all the doors close. Then one seems to eek open again and SLAM. So I am so confused. I know that God has a purpose and place for me and Erick, but it just seems that everything lately doesn't want to work out, and it really is disheartening.
Examples being Erick's job...every other day seems like it is his last day...door getting ready to close, but then wait a huge sale was made we are okay for another couple days...then it gets super slow again, can't pay payroll...then another sale. It is an emotional roller coaster.
Our housing situation...find a great Short sale that should work out for us faster than normal....door opening...find out that the bank and the seller are still trying to figure something out...could take 3 months...door closing...Our friends find this cute nice condo for us to rent...door seems to open...everything seems great...until our friend tries to contact the other realtor and he is a nutcase and can't find the owners and says that we can have pets, but who really knows...door closing.
Sorry this is a depressing post, it is just that I was hoping to be settled before the school year started, and could have a place to take pictures of for my home study for my foster kids.

Lord...what are you trying to show/teach us? I hope it is not patience.

My friend Michele's little girl Nicole came to mind when I wrote this, a good while back she (nicole) was showing me the stories of Job, and she got really excited and did this cute sad face and showed me Job sad, but then you turn the page and Wham Happy Job and she gets all excited and even has a squeak in her voice when she says it. I feel like sad Jen right now and can't wait for the page in my life to turn so I can be happy Jen.

Thanks for reading.... :]

2 comments:

Michele said...

Jen....sounds like a roller coaster of emotions right now. I have a friend who has a three bedroom condo, I know it's up for short sale. I don't know if they'd be interested in renting it out or not. Let me know if you want to know. It's right across the street from our house.

When I first read your title I thought you were talking about Job the person, but then I thought...that would be silly, only Nicole says Sad Job and Happy Job, she must be talking about job, as in...Jen's job is teaching. Anyway...rambling...next time you come over, I'll have Nicole call you happy Jen in her squeaky little voice, maybe it'll put a smile on your face:-)

Amanda said...

What a sweet post, Jen. I know it doesn't seem like it now. But I can't wait to read how God answers your prayer.