Monday, January 25, 2010

Okay, here is a peaceful post


My favorite devotional is "Streams in the Desert" byt L.B. Cowman. Today was a great devotional and I wanted to share it.
"He will have to fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Psalms 112:7

Martin Luther's wife wrote "I would never have known the meaning of various psalms, come to appreciate certain difficulties, or known the inner workings of the soul; I would never had understood the practice of the Christian life and work, if God had never brought affliction into my life."

"Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; as as thy days, so shall they strength be." Deut. 33:25

Alexander Maclaren said "Each of us may be sure that if God sends us over rocky paths, He will provide us with sturdy shoes. He will never send us on any journey with equipping us well. "

How does this apply to you? I know that it calms my heart of worry of the unknown.

Blessings and Peace today my friends!
Jen

No comments: