Friday, June 13, 2008

The fun times about being a teacher

From the middle of August to the middle of May life is a blurrrrr and then all of a sudden life comes to a hard deceleration and we have summer break. I'm not trying to complain here but the summer is boring if you don't have kids or a lot of friends to do things with. I mean sleeping in past 6:30 is wonderful, and getting to dress like a bum all day is awesome! But TV gets old quick, Paper Mario on Wii only lasts 8 levels, my dog naps more than I thought was possible, and lastly my butt goes numb from sitting down so long. I need some ideas of project or crafts to busy myself with. Carly help me out...give me an idea about something to paint.

4 comments:

Art Teacher said...

Here are some ideas...
1. you could make a scrap book
2. Take an art class at the bonita beach art league, they have walk in classes or beginner ones
3. teach yourself to sew
4. blog more
5. plan your lessons for next year(but I wouldn't do that!)
I'll think of some more, those were just off the top of my head!

Michele said...

I would go to the beach...yeah. If I had an afternoon to myself, I would go to the beach.

Get out those Pampered Chef cookbooks and make something new for dinner.

Your always welcome to come over and help me paint...maybe it would actually make me do it:-)

I wish I had better ideas for you too. It's so darn hot out, you can't help but to be inside.

btw...your comment freaked me out at first because I didn't know it was you. I'm nervous about this whole blogging thing because I don't want a bunch of people I don't know looking at my kiddos. Thanks for clarifying. I'll see you soon.

Erin said...

you can come swim with me anytime. i am in teh pool all the time now and i agree, i get SUPER bored!

Renee said...

Go to the pool!!!! Lean to bead (making necklaces or bracelets). Blog....Blog...blog. Find a great summer read. Take up a new exercise routine(stay away from rollerblading)!!!